Wednesday, July 9, 2008

As the Light Fades

Gaze into the sun
and see it's shine
thoughts of Heaven
and God so divine
As day becomes night
and the stars shine bright
remember the love
that comes from the light
Saying goodbye
and letting them go
much harder than any
can possibly know.
Why do some lights dim?
while still in their prime,
why do loved ones leave?
before it's their time.
Hold the love so near
as it must remain
living inside us
we'll forever retain.
For as Love lives on,
memories as well
the tears will subside
our stories to tell
Smile for what once was
say goodbye aloud
but celebrate lives
and make them most proud.
I lost my Mom a year ago today, and this is something that has been on mind a lot lately. Loved ones are never truly gone, because my Mom exists to me as much today as she ever did. I just didn't get a chance to say so long until we meet again.

No comments: