Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dreams...

What is a dream? Why do we have them, and why do certain images continue to pop up as we sleep? Do our dreams try to tell us things that we don't wish to face while we are awake? I don't have any idea about the answers to these questions, only theories...

There have been times over the last year where my dreams have been simple and mundane. Of course there have also been times where my dreams have been frightening and brought on by what may be guilt. I have actually been sleeping better without medication over the last couple of weeks. I have dreamt lately of my mom quite a bit, but my reaction has not been what some may think. I have embraced those dreams and not wanted to wake from my sleep. As strange as it may sound, I guess I have felt comfort in being able to spend time with her, even though it's only in a dream.

No comments: