Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mary Jackson

Two years ago today, I lost one of the most amazing women out of my life that I've ever met. Her name is Mary Jackson. She was Kim's mom, and I miss her almost daily. Her and Kim had a very special relationship in my opinion. She was a very organized person who liked everything her way. It took a while, but I learned to mess with her about it, maybe too much. I did it out of love, but sometimes I don't think she always knew that. She was almost always in a great mood, and could talk to anyone. Lauren takes after her in that respect. She could do anything craft related. I mean anything. What she made, she made out of love. She had a lot of love to give, and Nathan and Lauren adoored her.
Her and my father in law moved up to a little town called Maydelle, Texas a few years ago. It is a little town of about 250(not a typo) people. There is a post office in town and a little general store/cafe'. If you are ever at Bertha's, try the breakfast special. It is a town that time didn't forget, it just kinda decided to leave it alone. The men gather in the cafe' to shoot the breeze. If anything, it reminds me of a suburb of Mayberry from Andy Griffith. Well, upon moving to town, Mary made a lot of friends. She loved the country, and it loved her.

I can only imagine at this point how today will affect Kim, I know it'll affect me some. I miss you Mary. Your daughter is doing very well in what she was meant to do, I know you are proud. I also know you are watching over your grandkids, and they love you.

No comments: