Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My son

Let me tell you about Nathan. On June 17,1998 my world changed. That is the day I became a father. Nathan began getting restless inside Kim at around 430 am. We were ready for the day, well Kim more than me, he was a week late. He was taking his time I guess. Since then, he hasn't really taken his time on a whole lot. He wouldn't sleep well as a baby, unless I put him on my chest.

We knew we were in trouble when he was reading at 3. We knew his teachers were in for it when he understood the concept of gravity at the age of 4. But, I guess we fully realized what was going on, when Kim was subbing for an Algebra class when he was 6, and asked what Algebra was. She told him, "Nathan, it's when you have to find an answer to a question like 2x=12." Nathan responded, "so X is 6." He is a very smart young man, but he has a perfectionist streak in him. He worries about always doing things exactly right.

On his first birthday, he ate the chocolate cake so as not to get dirty. He loves being a kid, just sometimes doesn't fully understand their motivations. He's 9 now, and growing up before my eyes every single day. He is a great big brother and takes care of his sister whenever needed. He is a normal kid in that he loves video games. He can do pretty much anything he sets his mind to, except keep his room clean. I am proud of the son that he is, but look forward to the man he will one day become.

No comments: