Wednesday, March 12, 2008

American Idol

Do you remember when Idol was a must see show?

I mean, I started watching the show in the Fantasia Barrino/ Jennifer Hudson season. Since then, while some of the performances have been really good, the only album I have picked up is Daughtry. We DVR idol now, so we don't have to sit through all of the fluff.

I also think that there are too many "pros" who are on the show. The performers that I am rooting for are David Cook(the rocker guy), and Brooke. She has a beautiful voice which has a lot of soul in it in my opinion. I really have no idea what that Amanda person is doing on stage, I don't care for her stuff either.

The problem is, it becomes a popularity contest. I know that the appeal is getting America to vote for the one's to keep, but I think a change to the format where each judge selects a performer who is eligible to go home and the lowest vote total gets the ax would be a better way to go.

Just my opinion, have a great night.

No comments: