Saturday, March 29, 2008

Comic Reviews Continued

Well, I was able to get by my Comic Shop, Comic's Kingdom in Beaumont , Tx. this week. These are some of the books that I picked up and read so far. I try to avoid spoilers in my reviews, just wanna give a feel of what I see. If you want more answers let me know.

JLA Classified #54: It was the last issue in the series, and while the finale was not as good as it could have been, As a whole it was the best arc in the series. I understand reasons that books get cancelled, but to me the JLA is something that sales wise could support two concurrent books, but they usually fail creatively in my opinion. I am sure that the new JLA title in the rumormill will start out great, but if it takes away from the uniqueness of the regular series it becomes an issue. Same as JLA crossing into JSA every couple of issues is getting stale. Back to the point, I enjoyed the issue. 7/10

Justice League of America #19: Let's see, the JLA clashes with the government. Transports themselves to the wrong planet to check on the conditions of the residents of the Salvation Run planet and can't find anyone. I really liked the splitting into teams aspect but didn't understand the groupings. Let's put Superman and Batman on one team, GL and Wonder Woman on another team, and the three newbies(Hawkgirl, Arsenal, and Vixen). Well, they may not be newbies, but they certainly lack in the A-Team experience of the other group. Finally the payoff of the classic villain who has set the trap. All in all, a very good issue, but enough with the Arsenal, Hawkgirl, Cheshire triangle. I've had it, and don't care to here about it anymore. 8.5/10

Booster Gold #7: LOVED IT. Pure and Simple, Blue and Gold together again will probably only last for another issue or two, but it has been fun to see again. I like how Geoff Johns slipped in another Aquaman reference into one of his books(he's leaving Booster for another project in the near future right?). The storey was fun and the reveal on the last page just gets more and more interesting. This may be the best book I'm currenlty reading.9/10

Countdown #8-5: Yay It's almost over. While the stories have finally converged and has become a cohesive mess, rather than an incohesive mess, it is getting a little better. Still don't see why I've dropped the money on this that I have, but Final Crisis should prove interesting.4/10

Batman and the Outsiders #5: Oh, the Dibny's, I love the Dibny's. I thought it was a good issue, I like the verbal sparring between Metamorpho(the team veteran) vs. Green Arrow(the JLA veteran. I enjoy this title a lot and am intrigued by it's direction. 7/10

I'll post a some more in the next few days including thoughts on Salvation Run, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps. Teen Titans and Flash.

No comments: