Sunday, March 30, 2008

My daughter

Let me tell you a little about my daughter. Her name is Lauren Elizabeth Kelley, she is 7 years old and loves every living thing. She told me one day not to kill a mosquito because it was only doing what came naturally. She cares about her family and her friends a great deal, more than most 7 year olds should. She always wants to help and has a very dry sense of humor for someone of her age. Today, while i was at work, she sent her mom to bed and told her that she couldn't come out until she was told to. My wife, Kim, felt this was a good opportunity to stretch out and complied. I got home about 3 pm to my daughter sweeping up the floor and finishing up her cleaning of the living room. Nathan looked up from the computer and Lauren was thrilled that someone could see the job she had done. She did an amazing job cleaning the living room, The tables were cleaned, the floor was swept and the trash and clutter which was visible was all combined to one area. When I asked why she had done this, her response "so mommy wouldn't have to worry about it." This is a 7 year old who could have been playing or watching TV. Instead, she cleaned the living room, just because. So even though some may not look at this as a big deal, I do. I am proud of her initiative and the job that she did.

No comments: