Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Comic Reviews Continued

Here I am continuing my review of comics I picked up this week. My wife is so understanding...

Booster Gold #0 If you are a comic fan, and you aren't reading this title...You are missing out. It has great writing, wonderful art and a story which does not get bogged down on a monthly basis. This issue was great, Booster and the Beetles working together was great. I like the mystery which goes along with the story as well.

Flash #237 As a rule Superheroes don't have kids. Aquaman and Mera had Arthur Jr. who was murdered by Black Manta. Other than that, not a whole lot of DC heroes have had children while still being published. When Wally returned as the Flash to the DCU with Iris and Jai in tow I was very hesitant. As it turns out, I think the relationship between the siblings has complemented the comic stories very well. I keep trying to tell myself to get away from this book, but it is a fun read.

Green Lantern #27 Geoff Johns could write a title with Easter Island as the star of the book and I'd enjoy it. In just about three years he has rescued the GL franchise from oblivion. The Rebirth and relaunch of Hal Jordan as the title GL has been great. But, the latest issue with the fallout from the Sinestro Corps war and the creation of the Alpha Lanterns blew me away. I loved John's position on taking a new job, without knowing any of the details. That is the type of thing that any sane real person would do. I like John Stewart, he's my favorite Green Lantern. Not from the cartoon, but from when he originally took over for Hal. This is possibly DC's best book right now. Read and Enjoy at your own risk, you'll probably end up picking up the rest of the run

Countdown #14-11 When the best thing you can say about a limited -series is..."I'm glad it's almost over." There's a major problem. I liked 52 a lot. I thought it was well done and paced very well. Countdown, in my opinion has been full of holes and shooting blanks for more than half of the series so far. It looks like things are starting to come together. I liked the way Red Robin was introduced. I felt it made sense of why Jason would don that costume. I don't like Omacs though, and I have a feeling we'll see a lot more of them.

I still have a few more issues to write up in the next few days, stay safe and if you can suggest anything for me to try out, let me know.

No comments: