Sunday, March 2, 2008

Have you ever went to start one project, only to get sidetracked by another, then another? Finally at the end of the day, even though you accomplish quite a bit of productive stuff, the thing you wanted to do, didn't ever get done.

You see, today is the first day this spring that I was gonna try to mow. I wanted to help get all of the inside stuff done early. As a family, when we put our minds to it, we can clean quickly. So, back to the lawnmowing thing. I went out to try to start the mower, nothing. I don't know anything about mowers, but I called my dad, and asked my wife. She is the problem solver in the house.

Well, I was about to go get a new sparkplug and spanner wrench when it looked like the sky was about to open up. We decided to edge the bad parts and I'd pick up a sparkplug this afternoon. About halfway through, I put the weedeater through an ant bed and got splattered with the little critters. After getting 'em off my feet, I was out of trimmer line, it was in the garage, let's not discuss my garage. I started weeding by hand, as I was almost finished, my wife brought out more trimmer line. Remember, she is a problem solver. I finished edging the yard, as Lauren, my daughter picked up leaves and discovered how much fun a leaf blower was. Lauren blew leaves into the street and the neighbor's yard. So, we finished outside and I decided to locate my tools in the garage(again , we won't talk about the garage). It's amazing that when you are looking for something and can't find it, you keep checking spots that it should be, even though it's clearly not there. After about 20 minutes of searching, I said forget it, and gave up. I took a wrench outside to try to get the mower started again, and by this time...It was raining.
So, I only had one thing that I really wanted to accomplish today, mow the yard. Guess what? It's not done, and the mower isn't running. That about sums up the productive part of my day. Hope yours went better.

No comments: