Friday, March 14, 2008

The New York Giants sign David Carr

First of all, I am not a Giant fan. I was happy they beat the Patriots, but with my wife being a Geen Bay Packer fan, and I being a Dallas Cowboy fan, I was not happy with their NFC run. They got hot at the right time, and won it all. But, that's not what I want to discuss today. I want to discuss David Carr.

I am a Houston Texan fan. When the Texans drafted Carr, I went out and bought a jersey like a lot of other people around town. The only problem was, that the Texans never had an offensive line which could protect him or a consistent running game that could take off some of the focus in Carr's first years with the team. The man took such a beating over his first 4 years, that by the time Gary Kubiak got there, to me there wasn't a whole lot left. I think the man was punch drunk from all of the hits he took. He can still make the throws, and I think he has all of the tools except one...Confidence. The year he spent with Kubiak, I think he improved, but Texan fans were upset he wasn't Vince Young. They were also upset he didn't have Reggie Bush to get the ball to. In hindsight, we did well with Mario Willaims. When the Texans picked up Schaub, Carr was done in Houston. After that, Carr spent a very forgettable year in Carolina.

I wish David Carr all of the luck in the world. I believe him to be a fine family man, and an upstanding citizen with all of the tools of a steady NFL cquarterback. I don't think that there are many tougher QBs in the NFL. I hope that he gets his confidence back and realizes the potential that he has in his new situation. He's behind Eli, and others, but I hope he does well.

Write at ya later.

No comments: